Project duration: October 22, 2018 – May 30, 2019
The project is implemented by the WYGI Consortium under the project “Support to Agricultural and Food Policy Implementation” and is funded by the EU.
The aim of the project is to provide information and media support for the implementation and communication of changes to food safety legislation in Ukraine under the Association Agreement by lecturing at agricultural universities across the country and providing Ukrainian consumers with expert information on food safety.
Within the project we:
- published 6 articles on food safety on national online media outlets: “Economic Truth”, Texty.org.ua, blog “Euroects”, “Dzerkalo Tyzhnia” and “Ukrayina Moloda”;
- created 5 infographics on food safety which explain the difference between the concepts of food safety and quality and the criteria for determining safety and quality;
- recorded 8 radio interviews with national food safety expert Yuriy Oglashenny and European project expert Yana Dobidovska on Hromadske Radio;
- gave lectures to students of 10 agricultural universities in Lviv, Sumy, Bila Tserkva, Poltava, Zhytomyr, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Odesa, and Kherson, during which experts spoke about European requirements for food safety legislation and reforming the food safety control system in Ukraine;
- created 2 videos on the concept of food safety and quality and on biological and chemical factors that affect safety;
- conducted information campaigns on food safety and quality in supermarkets in Sumy, Khmelnytsky, and Chernihiv.